Rent the Studio
Hey art, craft, and creative experience teachers! Traveling to the Austin area, and looking for a space to teach a class? The YarnYAY! by Vickie Howell studio space is now available to host you.
WHAT: The YarnYAY! studio is the physical space to support the e-commerce business, YarnYAY! By Vickie Howell. It’s a comfy, creative space perfect for intimate gatherings and classes.
WHERE: YarnYAY! Studio is located in Buda, TX, about 15 minutes south of Austin and 30 minutes from Austin Bergstrom Airport. Within walking distance of Historical Main Street Buda, including cute shops, restaurants and bars. (See Local Flavor tab for more details)
Our studio consists of half (about 1000 sq ft, excluding our storage room) of a vintage house. The original structure (front half) was built in the 1920’s, and the addition (our half) was built in the 1960’s.
WHEN: The studio generally has availability between the 8th and 23rd of the month, between the hours of 9am-10pmCT.
WHO: YarnYAY! Studio is a potentially great option for teachers in the realms of:
- Sewing (note, due to high tables, students may need to stand to use a machine)
- General Crafting
- Jewelry Making
- Leather Working
- And more!
- Sunny “Living room” area including a couch, coffee table, and two armchairs
- 3 long, high tables, seating up to 12 (total) students
- On-site restroom
- Smart TV
- Ring Light + Stand for Social Videos
- Alarm system
- Access to outside back patio (for classes involving chemicals or dye that are safer worked with outdoors).
- 2 Induction burners (upon request)
- Stainless steel sink
As a designer and instructor herself, Vickie knows that fronting the cash for and/or transporting student supplies, especially when traveling to teach at multiple locations, can sometimes be challenging. YarnYAY! is here to help with that! We offer the optional kitting out of your class supplies. We handle sourcing, building kits, and processing sales. Teacher is responsible for promoting to their students. Contact us (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more!
The YarnYAY! studio is located 15-20 minutes drive from South Austin, and just a short walk away from Historic Downtown Buda (https://www.downtownbudatx.com/)a lovely Main Street filled with shops, wine bars, eateries, and antiques. Encourage your students to make a day or evening out if it!
A few of our favorite stops are:
- The Mercantile at Mill & Grain https://www.themercantileatmillandgrain.com/
- Buda's Red Door https://shopbudasreddoor.com/
- Antiques & More https://antiquesandmore.net/
- Dos Olivos https://dosolivosmarkets.com/
- Water 2 Wine https://www.water2wine.com/buda/
- Nate's https://natesbuda.com/
- Parasol (Food Truck) https://parasolfood.square.site/
- Main Street Pizza https://mainstreetpizzabudatx.com/