Block Builder Knit & Crochet Club
This is a monthly digital download club. Subscribe now, the first block pattern delivered on September 1st!
Block Builder Club 2
Hey there friends, followers, and fellow maker-compatriots! We loved bringing the first Block Builder Club 12-month experience to our crochet community so much, that we'd love to do it again (but with a new spin). We're excited to announce the next season of BBC, which we're calling Block Builder Club 2: Electric Blockaloo. (For those over 40, you're welcome. For those under, Google Breakin' 2.)
Click on the Details tab for the scoop!
Please Note: This club launched on September 1st 2021 with Block #1. If you join now, though, you will start from the current block.
WHEN: Beginning Sept 1st, 2022, every month for 12 months, you'll get an eBooklet with pattern and tutorial info for that month's block.
WHAT: Our BBC2 knitting theme is: Lace & Texture. For this session, we'll make a 10" square each month for a year. At the end you'll have twelve more patterns in your stitch arsenal and a beautiful collection of swatches!
PROJECT: Feel like turning your swatches into a wearable history of your stitching year? As the year comes to an end, we'll show you how to seam together and embellish your swatches into a drapey, patchwork wrap!
SUPPLIES: We'll be using Vickie Howell Montoya Merino Light (100% superwash merino; 300 yds/100gr), or any sport-weight yarn from your stash or of your choosing. Depending on the craft and the stitch, you'll need between 50-75 gr (150- 225 yds) per square. We'll stock our colors all year long, though, so don't feel like you have to go all in at once! Which brings us to colors. We've chosen two featured palettes: Neon/Neutral (in colors Leche, Meow Wolf, & Roswell) and Green/Blue (in colors Boulder, Malachite, & UtopiaFest). Along the way, we'll also be giving subscribers early access to special, speckled/variegated shades of Montoya Merino Light created exclusively to match these palettes. For most, if not all of the knit squares, we'll use Size US 5/3.75 mm needles; for crochet, a 7/4.5 mm hook -- or size needed to obtain gauge.
WHY: Because, knitting and crochet. Also, though, the YarnYAY! Block Builder Clubs are a great way to learn new stitches and techniques, incorporate a little stitching time into your month, hang out with your fiber community, and thanks to the current patchwork garment craze, walk away with an on-trend wrap. Handmade huzzah!
Why join this club? Here are some of the benefits of being a YarnYAY! Block Builder, for only about the price per month, as one fancy coffee!
- This club is great for new knitters and crocheters who want to learn, and more advanced crafters who are looking for a mindful, monthly knitting and crocheting ritual alike!
- Over twelve months, learn and practice 12 beautiful stitch patterns that you'll be able to use forever in your stitching practice.
- Although one option will be to take all 12 squares to make a project, our club isn't an all or nothing operation. Unlike other block of the month-type clubs, the YarnYAY! Block Builder Club is designed to not only have one end to the means. This is a choose your own adventure endeavor! As the months build upon one another, so will your project options. We'll give instructions for creating great projects using 1 or more squares, as well as idea inspirations for other options!
- Behind this club is YarnYAY! founder, and industry veteran Vickie Howell. Known for easy-to-understand tutorials , and her inclusive spirit, this club is more than just a monthly e-mail. It's an experience.
- Subscribers will have access to the YarnYAY! private Facebook group where team members and the community are there to answer questions, share knitting tips and support one another.
We can't wait build, knit AND crochet-style with you!