Block Builder Knitting Club
Calling all needle ninjas! The YarnYAY! Block Builder Club is back for a 3rd session, and better than ever! This time around, we've added a spicy twist: choose your own adventure with four different projects to pick from - two cozy blankets and two stylish scarves - all made with your beautiful blocks! Oh, and did we mention the best part? You have the power to choose your materials, too! You can stick with the silky-smooth, Vickie Howell Montoya Merino yarn you know and love, try our new (coming soon) ultra-cost-effective option, YarnYAY! On the Daily, or of course, use yarn from your stash. The choice is yours, my friend!
The Block Builder Knitting Club's theme this season is Texture & Twists, so expect to dive deep into the world of gorgeous cables and crossed stitches. Meanwhile, the Block Builder Crochet Club is all about being Self-Centered (in the best way, of course!) with squares crocheted from the center-out that are sure to make heads turn. But beware, once you join the Block Builder Club you might not want to leave! So, sign up now and get ready to take your knitting and crocheting skills to the next level. And don't forget, soon we'll also have kits available to make your Block Builder journey even easier and more colorful!"
*Existing Block Builder Club Members: You do not need to re-enroll. If you're already a subscriber and want to continue, then you don't need to do a thing. If you DO NOT want to be a part of BBC3, though, you'll need to log in and cancel.*
Please Note: This is series 3 of Block Builder Clubs and launches on September 1, 2023.
WHEN: Beginning Sept 1st, 2023, every month for 12 months, you'll get an eBooklet with pattern and tutorial info for that month's block.
WHAT: Our BBC3 knitting theme is: Texture & Twists. For this session, every month from September-August, we'll provide a new block pattern using though the back loop stitches, cables, and/or crossed stitches. Depending on which project (see below) -- or if you choosing to make anything at all with your blocks (we're all in for our process knitters, too!), each month you'll make multiples of either 5" or 10" squares. We'll let you know what to do when -- or support if you want to go rogue! At the end you'll have twelve more patterns in your stitch arsenal, and loads of beautiful blocks to assemble into a you're own piece of craft history.
PROJECT: This year we're shaking things up by offering FOUR different choices, two blanket options, two super-scarf options, to finish off your Block Builder adventure with. Choose one, or just wallow in your blocks as they are. You do you, boo!
PLAN IT: This year we put together Color Planning Sheets for our Block Builders to experiment with. Print them out here, grab your colored pencils, and start planning!
SUPPLIES: We're recommending one of two different yarns for this year's stitch journey. Since this series' blankets are large, we wanted to be able to offer an affordable fiber option, but that's still nice to work with. We're happy to launch our own reliable, durable acrylic/wool blend, YarnYAY! On the Daily. If you're making the super scarf, which requires half the amount of yarn as the blanket the project becomes super, cost-effective! Read more about yarn amounts, colors, and kits by going here.
If you're feeling fancier, though, we of course highly recommend going with Vickie Howell Montoya Merino. It's a lovely, hand-dyed superwash merino wool.
Read more about yarn amounts, colors, and kits by going here.
For most, if not all of the knit squares, we'll use Size US 9/5.5 mm needles; for crochet, a I/9/5.5 mm hook -- or size needed to obtain gauge.
WHY: Because, knitting and crochet. Also, though, the YarnYAY! Block Builder Clubs are a great way to learn new stitches and techniques, incorporate a little stitching time into your month, hang out with your fiber community, and thanks to the current patchwork garment craze, walk away with an on-trend super scarf or storytelling blanket. Handmade huzzah!
Why join this club? Here are some of the benefits of being a YarnYAY! Block Builder, for only about the price per month, as one fancy coffee!
- This club is great for new knitters who want to learn, and more advanced knitters who are looking for a mindful, monthly stitching ritual alike!
- Over twelve months, learn and practice 12 beautiful stitch patterns that you'll be able to use forever in your knitting practice.
- Although one option will be to take all squares to make a keepsake blanket or super scarf, our club isn't an all or nothing operation. Unlike other block of the month-type clubs, the YarnYAY! Block Builder Club is designed to not only have one end to the means. Do it for the finished projects, or simply for the journey. This time is for you!
- Behind this club is YarnYAY! founder, and industry veteran Vickie Howell. Known for easy-to-understand tutorials , and her inclusive spirit, this club is more than just a monthly e-mail. It's an experience.
- Subscribers will have access to the YarnYAY! private Facebook group where team members and the community are there to answer questions, share stitching tips and support one another. We also offer subscribers optional Handmade Help sessions.
We can't wait to build, knitting-style with you!