Limited Edition Pride 2022 Box
*These boxes will ship the first week of June*
It's time for our Limited Edition, 2022 Pride Box! This one is bursting with rainbow flavor and features our favorite LGBTQIA-owned dye house.
A percentage of sales from each box will go to benefit the Transgender Education Network of Texas
- 1 50gr hank Fully Spun Postscript DK (75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon) in color: Trans Flag
- 20gr hanks Fully Spun Postscript DK in 6 rainbow colors
- YarnYAY! printed pattern for the Transform Scarf, by Vickie Howell
- Fydelty Rainbow Fanny Pack (great for small projects!)
- Grey Street Paper Trans Ally Sticker
- Tekoro Rainbow Stitch Marker
- Lucky Sardine Rainbow Unicorn Sheep Enamel Pin
Additional materials required:
- Size US 5/3.75 mm needles
- Stitch holder
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking supplies
#welovecolor is more than just a motto for Brooke, it is the way she lives. Her hope is that her yarn can light a little fire in your soul when you run across that special skein. Fully Spun marled yarn is hand-dyed as roving, then spun to create a skein in which every strand has multiple colors. Every finished object shows off the color in striped gradients large and small. Their Postscript yarn includes a myriad of vibrant colorways dyed on luxurious, fun to work with, yarn bases.
- Book: Sissy: A coming of gender story, by Jacob Tobias
- Show: Heartstopper (Netflix)
- Podcast Episode: TED Radio Hour: The Biology of Sex
- Podcast Episode: Fresh Air: The Queer History Of The Women's House Of Detention
Not sure what all of the the letters mean in LGBTQIA+? We've got you.
L = lesbian (cisgender or transgender woman who is attracted to the same sex)
G = gay (generally used to describe a cisgender or transgender man who is attracted to the same sex. Also used as a broad term to describe any human who is attracted to the same sex as they identify as.)
T = transgender (a person who feels and identifies as a different gender than the body they were born into.)
Q = queer (an umbrella term for any sex or gender minority who are not heterosexual and/or cisgender.)
I = intersexual (a person born with both the sexual organs that identify a male and female body.)
A = asexual (not feeling sexually attracted to any person on the sexual or gender spectrum.)
+ = As we evolve as a society, we're learning that binary definitions are a societal construct. We're learning more every day about the spectrum of sexual identity (who one goes to bed as) and sexuality (who one goes to bed with). The + gives nod to that spectrum.